Watch: Wild celebrations at Ipswich Town as England score in World Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
It was the moment even the most optimistic of fans barely believed was possible.
Supporters were in joyous mood in pubs and bars across Suffolk and Essex as England kicked off their crunch match against Croatia in the World Cup semi-final.
And when the Three Lions got a free kick inside the first five minutes on the edge of the penalty box, fans dared to dream that we could have the perfect start.
Yet few people could scarcely believed what happened next as Kieran Trippier took a belter of a free kick and put it straight over the wall, past the keeper and into the top corner.
The scene was met with jubilation from fans, with a video of dozens of pints of drink flying into the air at Ipswich Town’s Portman Road ground, where fans are able to watch the game on a big screen in the FanZone.
You may also want to watch:
EADT and Ipswich Star reporter Amy Gibbons also videoed supporters cheering and then breaking into a huge round of applause at The Plough pub in Ipswich, where the game is also being screened.
Did you get any pictures or video of the goal celebration? Email us or Tweet us @EADT24 or @IpswichStar24
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit