Why was the England football team bus parked outside a Suffolk pub?
- Credit: STUART POOLE
The official FA England Football Team bus was spotted parked outside a Long Melford pub – but why was it there?
The bus, which usually carries star players like Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy, was seen parked outside the George and Dragon Hotel in Long Melford on Monday afternoon, August 5.
Unfortunately, the bus wasn't bringing any new star-studded Ipswich Town signings - but was instead taking ex-international players and their families and friends for an afternoon meal.
A spokesman for the pub said this is the second year running that the packed-out coach has paid them a visit, but declined to name any players.
He said: "It was a bus full of former players and their families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
"They had booked several tables for dinner - they did the same thing last year."
A spokesman for the FA explained the association leases the bus from a private company, who lease it themselves when not in use by the Three Lions.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
He added that it was not travelling on official FA business.
Stuart Poole, who spotted the bus, added: "Well it's not something you expect to see in Long Melford, is it?"