99 not out! Dressmaker Enid celebrates birthday
- Credit: HEALTHCARE HOMES
A dressmaker celebrated her 99th birthday in style with a party and cake at her care home.
Enid Catling, a resident at Barking Hall nursing home in Needham Road, Barking, near Needham Market, turned 99 on Tuesday, October 2.
She marked the occasion with an afternoon tea at the home and was joined by her granddaughter and great granddaughter.
She was presented with a special cake by the team at Barking Hall, where she has been a resident since 2014.
Ms Catling was born in Crowborough in Sussex but then moved to Ipswich, where she grew up with her three sisters.
You may also want to watch:
She went to a Catholic school which was run by nuns and when she left she became a dressmaker.
She is still a talented seamstress and this year made several cushion covers that were sold at the home’s summer fete.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis
Over the years, Mrs Catling enjoyed family holidays in Norfolk where her family had a caravan.
She adopted two children, Jane and Raymond, and is now a grandmother and great grandmother.
Home manager Sue Oates said: “It was a real pleasure to help Enid celebrate this very special birthday.
“She had a lovely afternoon with her family and fellow residents and on behalf of everyone at the home I would like to wish her a very happy 99th birthday.”
Barking Hall is part of the Healthcare Homes Group and provides residential and nursing care for up to 49 people.
For more information on the range of services it provides, call 01449 720793 or visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk