Does your garden appear in Wednesday’s Lockdown Garden gallery?
- Credit: ALISON MOORE
Another day, another collection of beautiful gardens from our readers across Suffolk and Essex.
Gardeners in our region are proving they are not just blessed with green thumbs but also an eye for landscaping, incorporating different elements into their green spaces to make ideal spaces for people and wildlife.
Brian Excell showed us his garden pond and a striking spiral sculpture, with reeds and lily pads making an inviting habitat for amphibians.
Nicky Heming photographed her growing operation, with green shoots beginning to appear in grow bags and a collection of potted plants soaking up the sunshine.
Her garden wall is hand-painted with an array of colourful flowers including lavender and hyacinths.
You may also want to watch:
Showing off all four levels of her garden, Sue Birrell sent in a picture of wooden steps rising through tiers of lawns.
With a wooden shed across the back of the garden, trees lining the fences and raised flowerbeds surrounded by sleepers, she has made a tranquil and private space to enjoy nature in this summer.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 4 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 5 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 6 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 7 Ipswich Hospital confirms 'significant' Covid outbreak in past fortnight
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 10 'They don't trust me and I don't trust them' - Cook on 'jittery' atmosphere
The nights continue to draw out for the next few weeks, so you still have plenty of time and daylight to send your photos in for a chance to appear in our paper and win hundreds of pounds in gardening vouchers with Enjoy Gardening More.
The prizes are:
• £200 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £100 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £50 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden under 150 square metres)
To enter, send your photographs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, postcode, daytime telephone number and size of garden.
If you wish to tell us more about your garden, please include details in your email.
Closing date for submission of pictures is June 15, 2020.
The gardens will appear in the newspaper from June 1 to 20.
Enjoy Gardening More Head Gardener Peter McDermott will judge all published pictures and the winners will be announced in the week commencing July 6, 2020.
Normal Archant competition rules apply.
Archant Community Media Ltd will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize.