Enzo the bassett hound wins Suffolk Dog Day photo competition
- Credit: KELLY BOWEN
A handsome bassett hound from Felixstowe has been crowned the first winner of a creative canine competition.
One-year-old Enzo and owner Kelly Bowen won week one of the #LetSleepingDogsLie contest, organised ahead of Suffolk Dog Day, which encourages dog lovers to post pictures of their sleeping pets on social media.
Judges are searching for cute snapshots of snoozing pooches, the best of which will be chosen to win a Suffolk Dog Day prize bundle.
The competition aims to raise awareness of the vulnerable people which Suffolk Dog Day is hoping to support.
The event, now in its 11th year, will be held at Helmingham Hall on Sunday, July 29 and is being organised by the Suffolk Community Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
To take part in this year’s competition entrants should like Suffolk Dog Day on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and then post a picture of their pet with their name and the hashtags #LetSleepingDogsLie and #SuffolkDogDay.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 7 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family