One further coronavirus related death reported at hospital trust
- Credit: Archant
One coronavirus related death has been reported by a hospital trust in our region.
The death came from the East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust which runs Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals.
It’s not clear at this stage which of the hospitals the death was reported at.
Confirmation from the trust is expected in due course.
No further deaths were reported at West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Nationally, in the 24-hour period up to 9am on Monday, 128,437 tests were carried out or dispatched with 1,570 positive results.
Overall, a total of 4,484,340 tests have been carried out and 276,332 cases have been confirmed positive.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
It the government’s daily press conference, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said 39,045 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Sunday.
The figure was up by 556 from the 38,489 deaths announced on Sunday but Mr Hancock said the figures had increased by only 111. The Department of Health has yet to explain the discrepancy.