Essex woman jailed for glass bottle attack on two young women
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old Essex woman has been jailed for eight years after she attacked two young women with a glass bottle outside a convenience store.
Officers were called to King George’s Place in Maldon around 10.20pm on July 11 following reports that two women – aged in their 20s – had been seriously injured after being struck with a glass bottle.
Michaela Brunning, of Glenway Close, Maldon, was arrested and charged with two counts of GBH.
Brunning appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court today after pleading guilty to both offences.
She was sentenced to eight years in prison for wounding with intent and a further 12 months in prison to be served concurrently, for wounding without intent.
You may also want to watch:
Following the outcome, investigating officer DC Luke Baldwin said: “Brunning has been held accountable for her actions and this sentence reflects the seriousness of the crime she committed.
“This is a welcome outcome and knowing the perpetrator has been brought to justice, will no doubt help the victims in their continued recovery.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's