Essex: A12 to close overnight at Colchester for repair work
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
MOTORISTS are being advised that the northbound A12 at Colchester will be closed for two consecutive nights.
The road will close tonight (April 26) and tomorrow between 8pm and 6am.
Repair work will be carried out to the embankment at junction 29.
Tonight the road will be closed between the exit and entry slip roads at junction 29. Traffic will be diverted to leave the A12 and then rejoin at the next entry slip road.
Tomorrow the A12 will be closed between junction 27 and 29 to finish repairs and to allow further maintenance to take place at Braiswick.
A diversion will be in place through Colchester following the A133, Cowdray Avenue, and the A1232 Ipswich Road.
Motorists will then rejoin the A12 at junction 29.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 5 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 6 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 7 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 8 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Body of man found in Saxmundham
The northbound entry slip road at junction 28 will also be closed, with diverted traffic joining the A12 via Axill Way, Severalls Lane and A1232 Ipswich Road to join the A12 at junction 29.
Drivers are advised to plan their journeys and allow extra time.
The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via www.highways.gov.uk/traffic and on their Twitter account @HAtraffic_east.