Essex confirms new fire chief
- Credit: Archant
Essex’s new fire chief says she was ‘delighted and excited’ to be offered the role.
Jo Turton, who was previously chief executive at Lancashire County Council, will start her job as chief fire Officer and chief executive of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service in April.
Ms Turton said she was keen to build on her predecessor’s good work.
She said: “I am also very fortunate to be joining Essex Fire and Rescue Service following a successful period of evolution led by current chief fire officer Adam Eckley and his leadership team. “Looking to the future, I understand that there are substantial challenges ahead.
“But I am confident that building on the progress that’s already been made and by working together with all of the staff, stakeholders and unions we can continue to improve and transform Essex Fire and Rescue Service into an example of excellence across the UK and beyond.”
Ms Turton was confirmed as the new fire chief by members of the Police, Fire and Crime Panel on Monday, January 22.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 8 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket