Essex confirms new fire chief
- Credit: Archant
Essex’s new fire chief says she was ‘delighted and excited’ to be offered the role.
Jo Turton, who was previously chief executive at Lancashire County Council, will start her job as chief fire Officer and chief executive of Essex County Fire and Rescue Service in April.
Ms Turton said she was keen to build on her predecessor’s good work.
She said: “I am also very fortunate to be joining Essex Fire and Rescue Service following a successful period of evolution led by current chief fire officer Adam Eckley and his leadership team. “Looking to the future, I understand that there are substantial challenges ahead.
“But I am confident that building on the progress that’s already been made and by working together with all of the staff, stakeholders and unions we can continue to improve and transform Essex Fire and Rescue Service into an example of excellence across the UK and beyond.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Turton was confirmed as the new fire chief by members of the Police, Fire and Crime Panel on Monday, January 22.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first