Essex: Arrests made after car was driven away from police in Witham
- Credit: PA
Three people have been arrested after a car was driven away from police in Witham, causing injury to a police officer, and was then driven dangerously before being stopped.
Essex Police urgently need to speak to the drivers whose cars were damaged or who had to take action to avoid a collision with the grey Citroen C5.
The incident started in Maldon Road, Witham, at 10am when a female driver was stopped in a routine stop check. The car then drove off from the scene, causing an officer to receive minor injuries which will be checked out by medical staff.
The Citroen then travelled the wrong way around the roundabout at the Rettendon Turnpike before travelling at speed along the wrong carriageway on the A129 for a short distance.
The car was stopped in Wickford and two women and a man were arrested.
You may also want to watch:
A man, 33, from Basildon, and a 38-year-old woman from Benfleet were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and a 29-year-old woman from Basildon was arrested for the same offence and for traffic offences including dangerous driving.
Anyone who witnessed this incident should contact Ps Jeff Moye at Chelmsford Road Policing unit on 101.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away