Witnesses to brutal assault in men’s toilet asked to come forward
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a serious assault at an Essex pub that left a man with a broken back.
The assault on the 23-year-old man happened at The Dorrington hotel and bar in Trinity Street, Halstead, on December 27 in the men’s toilet sometime between 9.30pm and 10pm.
The victim was taken to hospital with broken ribs and a broken vertebrae as well as a lip injury for which he will need surgery.
The assault is being treated as an isolated incident.
Enquiries remain ongoing and officers want to speak to anyone who was in the venue and saw what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call DC Chris Rhodes at Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/190070/18.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 6 Woman dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 7 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 8 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub