Essex: Bike, cash, cards and TV among items stolen by burglars
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a number of burglaries in north Essex since Wednesday night.
Burglars made off with more than £100 in cash, a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone and several bank cards from a property in Raglan Road, Frinton-on-Sea, between 10pm on Wednesday and 12.50am the next day.
While in Point Clear Road, St Osyth, thieves forced their way into the home of a 94-year-old man between 2am and 8.15am on Friday and stole a black flat-screen Technika television.
In Chelmsford a distinctive bicycle worth almost £1,000 was stolen from a property in Lime Walk between 10.30pm on Friday and 7am the next day.
The bike is a Cooper Zandervoor 2014 Hybrid and is gun metal with orange labels on the edge of the tyres.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing to those who might have seen suspicious activity in the area at the time and ask if anyone sees an abandoned bicycle of a similar description to get in contact. Call Pc Dan Smith at Chelmsford Police Station on 101.
Calls in relation to the Frinton burglary should be made to Dc Emma Beynon at Clacton CID on 101 and contact Dc Louise Nellist at Clacton CID on 101 about the St Osyth burglary.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan