Essex: Blaze destroys Wrabness bungalows
THREE chalet bungalows were destroyed this morning after fire broke out in an Essex village.
The blaze, which broke out shortly after midnight, wrecked a trio of homes in Wall Lane, Wrabness, near Manningtree.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said the location was so remote fire engines had to take it in turn to shuttle water to the site.
The blaze, which is the subject of a joint police and fire investigation to establish how it started, was extinguished around 2am.
Ian Adams, station officer, said: “Crews did an excellent job containing the fire and preventing it from spreading to the two chalets either side.
You may also want to watch:
“Water supply was an issue so two extra fire engines were brought in to establish a water relay to ensure we had enough water to tackle the fire.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!