Essex: Boy dies after colliding with car
AN eight-year-old boy died after colliding with a sports car in Essex on Saturday.
The tragedy happened in Maldon on the A414 where the carriageway crosses a canal near the Tesco superstore.
The youngster, a pedestrian, was struck by a silver Porsche around 2.35pm.
He was taken to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, but was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
The driver and passenger of the Porsche have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking anyone who witnessed the collision or who may have seen the Porsche earlier to contact them on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day