Man jailed for three years after stealing wedding ring from Essex home
- Credit: Archant
A Clacton man who stole a wedding ring and other valuables from a home in the town has been jailed for three years.
Barry Smith, 38, of Langham Drive, was sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Thursday, June 28.
Smith, who is unemployed, admitted three burglaries and two attempted burglaries on May 29.
Around 3.15pm on Monday, April 30, a man returned to his home in Osyth Road, Clacton, to find someone had forced entry to his property.
He discovered a wedding ring, a bracelet, a necklace, a laptop, an antique lighter and a hand bag had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from Essex Police reviewed CCTV at the address and quickly identified Smith before arresting him around 7.10pm that day.
While on remand in custody, he admitted four other offences.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Matchday Live: Town unchanged as owner Johnson watches on
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill