Care home hosts day of vintage-themed entertainment
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An Essex care home turned back the clock at the weekend with a day of vintage-themed entertainment, which included a spitfire on display.
Silversprings Care Home in Thorrington, near Colchester, hosted the throwback event on Saturday for residents and visitors, with reenactors dressed from the wartime era.
There was also live entertainment from Pearly Kings and Queens, who added an authentic flavour of London with their show.
The event at the home, which is run by Care UK, also featured a ration cake and pastry stall, bouncy castle, and a steam engine tent.
Tracey Saville, receptionist at Silversprings Care Home, said: "It was a very good day, the weather was good and both residents and visitors really enjoyed it."
You may also want to watch:
"We held one last year, so it was back by popular demand really. Everyone had fun.
"We also had some people look around the home, so it was nice for them to get a feel of what we do."
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season