Essex: Charity bike run launched at Essex Motorcycle Show
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of motorcyclists turned out for the Essex Motorcycle Show.
The event, organised by Essex Air Ambulance, also saw the launch of the charity’s 14th annual Motorcycle Run 2013.
The ride, on September 8, will see around 5,000 bikers make the 60-mile trip from Ford Dunton to Harwich.
The charity event was launched at the show at the Weston Homes Community Stadium in Colchester, where thousands of bikers gathered to showcase their machines.
The show included live music from Squabbler, motorbike displays, motorcycle gymkhana and performances from the Essex Dog Display Team.
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Marcon, of Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust, said: “The sun shone and it was so encouraging to see as many as 2,000 bikers and families turn out to support the event, making it the best show yet.
More than 200 bikers pre-registered for the Motorcycle Run and are in with a chance of winning £1,500 worth of Ducati performance kit thanks to Parkinson Motorcycles Ltd.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 4 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 10 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card