Search

Three suffer smoke inhalation after industrial estate fire

PUBLISHED: 12:37 16 July 2018 | UPDATED: 12:37 16 July 2018

The fire happened in Freebournes Road, Witham, Picture: GOOGLE

The fire happened in Freebournes Road, Witham, Picture: GOOGLE

Google

Three people have been treated by ambulance staff after a fire in a commercial building within an Essex industrial estate.

Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 9.40am with reports of a fire in a building in Freebournes Road, Witham, which runs parallel to the A12.

“Crews were called to a commercial building in an industrial unit in Witham after reports of smoke in the building,” a spokesman for the fire service said.

“On arrival firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to determine the source of the fire and reported that there was a small fire in a moulding machine.

“They used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.”

Three people suffered smoke inhalation during the incident and were left in the care of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust.

Two crews from Witham attended the incident, the service said.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East Anglian Daily Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times