Three suffer smoke inhalation after industrial estate fire
- Credit: Google
Three people have been treated by ambulance staff after a fire in a commercial building within an Essex industrial estate.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called at around 9.40am with reports of a fire in a building in Freebournes Road, Witham, which runs parallel to the A12.
“Crews were called to a commercial building in an industrial unit in Witham after reports of smoke in the building,” a spokesman for the fire service said.
“On arrival firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to determine the source of the fire and reported that there was a small fire in a moulding machine.
“They used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
Three people suffered smoke inhalation during the incident and were left in the care of the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust.
Two crews from Witham attended the incident, the service said.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 7 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 10 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans