Fire crews receive 25 calls to serious bungalow blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews in Essex have received 25 phone calls to a serious bungalow fire in Jaywick this afternoon.
Four Essex County Fire and Rescue Crews were called to Midway in Jaywick shortly after 3pm following concerns about the fire from local residents.
The fire is believed to have started in a shed but had since spread to neighbouring bungalows.
Essex Police have warned people to stay away from the area.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue said: “Our Control Room received 25 calls to the incident.
“On arrival, crews reported that a shed fire had spread to a bungalow and was affecting two bungalows either side.
“Firefighters are working to extinguish the fire.”
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 9 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 10 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
Crews worked to extinguish the fire in sections and by 5.30pm they had isolated the blaze and were monitoring hotspots.
An investigation into the cause of the fire is set to take place on Friday.