Outbuilding ‘completely destroyed’ and home damaged in north Essex fire
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is to be held after a fire destroyed an outhouse and spread to the neighbouring home.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service received reports of a fire in Hillman Avenue, Jaywick, near Clacton, at just before 2pm yesterday.
Crews from Clacton arrived to find the outhouse was completely alight and the fire had spread to the roof and back of the main house adjoining it.
“Crews quickly requested support from Frinton and Weeley crews from manpower,” an ECFRS spokesman added.
“Firefighters also request the attendance of UK Power Netowrks to deal with a fallen power cable.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident commander confirmed the fire was out at 5.40pm.
“The outbuilding has been completely destroyed and the roof and back of the main house has suffered fire damage,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
“An investigation will take place to determine the cause of the fire.”