‘Out of control’ bonfire causes serious barnfire
- Credit: Archant
An “out of control” bonfire has been deemed to have caused a barn fire at a property in Boxted
Firefighters from Essex County Fire and Rescue were called to Old House Lane, Boxted on Thursday, July 16 at 7.06pm.
On arrival officers found that a barn measuring approximately 10 metres by 5 metres was completely alight.
The barn had caught alight when a nearby bonfire had burnt out of control, leaving the building badly damaged.
Three fire crews from Colchester and Coggeshall attended the fire.
You may also want to watch:
They extinguished the fire by 8.08pm and stayed on the scene until 8.45pm to damp down and check for hotspots.
The cause of the fire was recorded as accidental.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's