Essex: Crews called out to leaking chemical drum
FIVE fire crews were called out after a leaking chemical drum was discovered at a petrol station.
The incident at a petrol station on the A12 northbound at Feering, near Coggeshall, was reported at 2pm.
The 25 litre drum was being carried on the back of a trailer and one litre had spilt onto the forecourt area.
As a precaution the garage was evacuated and fire crews wearing breathing apparatus investigated the spillage and the chemical contained in the drum was Vinyl Toluene.
Sans was used to absorb the spill and fire crews made the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
Crews dealt with the incident by 3.20pm.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more