Essex: Crews tackle straw and garage fires
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Essex tackled a blaze involving about 25 tonnes of baled straw last night.
One crew from Maldon attended Goldhanger Road after they were alerted to the fire at 10.57pm.
Firefighters used one hose reel and had dealt with the incident by 2.12am.
In West Bergholt two crews from Colchester and one from Sudbury attended a garage fire in Hall Road just after 2pm.
They used breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish the fire, which was near a house, by 3.01pm.
You may also want to watch:
Crews remained at the scene, turning over and damping down, and revisited it in the evening to check there were no remaining hotspots.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'