Essex: Deadline fast approaching for secondary school place applications
The deadline for parents in Essex to apply for secondary school places is fast approaching.
Those looking for a year seven place for next year need to apply by October 31.
Applications can be made online, and the Essex County Council website also includes information on schools such as their latest Ofsted report and admissions criteria.
Ray Gooding, county councillor for education, said: “Applying for the right schools for your child is an important decision and I would urge parents to use the tools available to ensure they make an informed application.
“Although we are able to provide most families with their preferred school, schools can become oversubscribed so it is very important for parents to use all six preferences.”
You may also want to watch:
Applications made after the deadline will be considered after all of those submitted on time.
To apply for a place go to www.essex.gov.uk/admissions, or for those without internet access call 0845 603 2200.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season