Essex: Delays on motorway after multi-car incident
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A collision involving several vehicles is causing huge tailbacks on the M11 in north Essex.
There are now delays of up to 90 minutes on the motorway between junctions eight and nine southbound.
The incident happened on the just north of Saffron Walden shortly before 6.30am.
Two vans and three cars were involved in the collision which resulted in an oil spillage across the carriageway.
Emergency services attended the incident and two people from taken from the scene in ambulances, although it is not thought their injuries are serious.
Although the vehciles have now been moved to the hard shoulder one lane is still closed so the spilt oil can be cleared up.
The queue has now stretched six miles long with congestion all the way back to junction 10 for Duxford.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 3 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 6 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 7 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 8 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 9 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 10 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
There is also queuing traffic on the northbound carriage way as people slow down to take a look at the incident.