Essex: Driver attacked with machete at traffic lights
- Credit: Archant
A DRIVER was left with cuts to his hand and arm after being attacked with a machete at a set of traffic lights in Essex.
Police need to speak to anyone who witnessed the assault in the area of Scrub Lane, at the junction with Rectory Road, Hadleigh, at around 8.15pm last night.
A 37-year-old man from Benfleet was stationary in his car at the traffic lights when a man knocked on his car window and demanded he got out.
An altercation followed and the victim received cuts to his hand and minor injuries to his arm from a machete, before he was able to drive off, leaving the suspect in the middle of the road.
Dc Rory Scarlett said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this incident to contact me. The victim is unable to provide a detailed description, he can only remember that he was white, large/stocky build with dark brown hair and wearing a T-shirt.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure that if you saw this incident you would remember it, so please contact me at Southend CID on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found