Drug dealer jailed for nearly five years after police uncover kilo block of cocaine and £50,000 in cash
- Credit: Archant
A man from north Essex found with a kilo of cocaine worth £30,000 has been jailed for nearly five years.
Joe Lee of Cranham Road, Little Waltham pleaded guilty to possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply at Chelmsford Crown Court.
The court heard that officers conducted a search of the 29-year-old’s caravan in Cranham Road, where they found a kilo block of cocaine. During searches of a neighbouring hut they found a bag full of cash and more money buried underground – totalling around £50,000.
Lee was arrested and charged and pleaded guilty when he appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court last week.
He was jailed for four years and eight months.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “It is clear that with the amount of drugs and cash found in Lee’s property he was clearly involved in the supply of the Class A drug cocaine.
“Thankfully Lee is now behind bars and the drugs will not be reaching the streets of Essex.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
“We hope this case serves an example to the community that where we are made aware of any sort of criminality in the community we will act on that information.
“Information and intelligence from the community are absolutely vital in our fight against organised crime.”