Essex farm announces winner of sausage flavour competition as part of anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
After a region-wide competition this summer, an Essex farm has chosen pork with honey as its new limited edition flavour.
The Great Sausage Mash Up was launched in July by Wicks Manor, in Tolleshunt Major, in partnership with the East of England Co-op.
The competition was held to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the pork farm, and encouraged food fans to invent their own sausage flavour.
Shortlisted entries then went to a public vote and included pork with chorizo and sundried tomato with jalapeno.
It was pork with honey though, which took the crown after securing 44% of the vote.
The limited edition sausage will now be available in East of England Co-op stores from October 26, with its creator Amy Buckle’s name on the packaging.
She said: “How exciting. I love honey so I think the sausage will taste great. I am really proud that my suggestion won and I am looking forward to seeing my name on the pack when I next pop to the Co-op.”
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role