Essex firefighters work for over an hour to free person trapped in car after crash in Braintree
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Police, paramedics and firefighters were sent to the scene of a car crash in Braintree this evening.
Three fire crews from Braintree, Coggeshall and Halstead were called to Trinovantian Way in the town at around 6.38pm today.
They were responding to reports of a crash involving two vehicles.
Firefighters worked with paramedics to help release one person who had become trapped in their car in the collision.
Crews worked for more than an hour and managed to release the person by 7.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
The casualty was left in the care of ambulance crews.
The current condition of the person is not known at this time.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema