Search

Bungalow suffers smoke damage after plastic bowl left on oven top

PUBLISHED: 09:30 19 March 2019 | UPDATED: 13:30 19 March 2019

The fire took place in Clapgate Drive, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The fire took place in Clapgate Drive, Clacton Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

Archant

A fire started in a house after a plastic bowl was left on top of an oven, causing smoke damage to the property.

Two crews from Clacton and one crew from Weeley attended the fire Clapgate Drive, Little Clacton, at 5.30am on Tuesday, March 19.

It was extinguished by 6am.

Watch manager Andy Marshall said: “The fire started after a plastic bowl was left on the top of an oven, which was then accidently turned on.

“Thankfully the smoke alarm alerted the homeowner to the fire and she was then able to get out and call 999.

“It’s really important to keep your oven and hob area clear when you’ve finished cooking.

“Make sure you keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob too and always double check the cooker is off when you’ve finished cooking.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists