Man rescued after flat fire at sheltered accommodation
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews rescued a man from a second floor flat after a fire broke out at a sheltered accommodation block.
Firefighters were called to Iceni Way in Colchester just after 7.10am.
On arrival, crews reported that a second floor flat was heavily smoke logged.
Firefighters managed to rescue a man from the flat and the fire was extinguished by 7.43am.
The man was left in the care of paramedics.
You may also want to watch:
The flat suffered extensive smoke and fire damage.
The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally and an investigation is due to take place.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 8 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault