Essex: Firefighters called to blaze in toilets of pub

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters in Essex have extinguished a blaze in the ground floor toilets of a pub.

Crews from Sible Hedingham and Halstead were sent to the Bell Inn, in St James Street, Castle Hedingham, at about 5.25am today.

The fire was confined to the ground floor toilets and crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish it just after 6am.

The ground floor of the pub was heavily smoke logged and crews used a high pressure fan to ventilate the area.

The fire is thought to have been started accidentally by an electrical fault.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus