Cows rescued from Great Bromley barn fire
- Credit: Julie Kemp
A herd of cattle has been evacuated from a north Essex barn after a fire broke out, engulfing the building in flames.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was called to a blaze in Badley Hall Road, Great Bromley, just after 3.45pm today.
Two crews from Colchester and one from Manningtree arrived to find the barn full of hay and completely alight.
“All cows have been evacuated to safety,” a spokesman added.
“Crews are working alongside the farm’s tractor to remove hay from the barn.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters extinguished the fire by 6.30pm.
“An investigation will take place to determine the cause of the fire,” a spokesman added.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery