Firefighters tackle car alight on transporter on A12 near Boreham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Essex were called to an unusual incident on the A12 near Boreham where a car on a car transporter was on fire.
Essex County Fire and Rescue was alerted at 12.10pm to the incident on the A12 southbound at Boreham, between junctions 19 and 18.
On arrival, firefighters reported that one car – which was being towed by a car transport – was on fire.
A crew each from Chelmsford and Great Baddow worked to put out the flames by 12.40pm.
A spokesman said the main transporter vehicle and seven other cars on board were not affected.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed a portion of the road during the incident so that the fire could be safely put out.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 7 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk