Essex: Floating back through the years
- Credit: Archant
AT the EADT we have a vast archive of nostalgic images of major landmarks in Essex history. Looking back, we found this image of Colchester School showing a 50th anniversary tree planting in March 1980. We you at the event?
In our gallery, top right, we also have an image showing the dedication of equipment on the lifeboat at Harwich taken in March 1978. Do you remember the day?
Or were you part of the schools chess championships in Colchester in March 1978?
Maybe you were a competitor in the Lawford pram race in March 1978? Do you know who is in the picture?
The final image we discovered this week, shows some of the cast of a play at Holmewood House School, Colchester, in March 1978. Did you take to the stage?
To share your memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org or to buy a copy of one of these photos select the myphotos24 link top left.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week