Essex: Fox gets its head stuck in the wheel of a car
A FOX had a miraculous escape after getting its head stuck in a car wheel.
The RSPCA said it suffered only superficial injuries and could be released within days.
It was discovered on the driveway of a home in Grays, Essex, around 10am on Friday.
Firefighters from Orsett were called in to help. They jacked the car up, removed the wheel and then managed to free the fox.
An RSPCA officer said: “It was stuck in a metal alloy - it got right the way through and couldn’t be released.
You may also want to watch:
“So I called the fire brigade and they had to take the wheel off.
“It may have been there all night and it might have swollen up so it’s had to go in to be observed.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
The fox is at a wildlife hospital in Orsett - it’s expected to be released in the next few days.