Essex: Gun death murder charge man appears in court
A MAN has today appeared in court to face a murder charge after the death of a man found with gunshot wounds in St Osyth last week.
Darren Jewell, of John Street, Brightlingsea, was last night charged with the murder of Anthony Prickett, 42.
The 36-year-old was held in police custody prior to his appearance at Colchester Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Dressed in a red tracksuit, Jewell spoke only to confirm his name and address during today’s hearing.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Jewell was also charged with four offences of possessing firearms and ammunition.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day