Essex: Hunt continues for hospital trust chairman as no candidate selected in first round of interviews
- Credit: Su Anderson
A chairman is still needed to oversee the board which runs Colchester and Tendring’s hospitals after a decision has been made to re-advertise the post.
Earlier this year Dr Sally Irvine announced she would be stepping down as chairman of the Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust board at the end of this month.
Interviews were held for the post last week but Trust governors have decided to make no appointment and re-advertise the position.
Dr Irvine said: “The governors’ decision to re-advertise the post should not be taken as any kind of comment on the abilities or commitment of the people who applied for the post. We are very grateful to all of those who put themselves forward.
“However the governors are very clear about the particular mix of skills and experience they are looking for and they feel that a further search would enable the Trust to find exactly the right candidate.”
You may also want to watch:
The current vice-chairman Peter Wilson will take over on October 1 and lead the board until a new permanent appointment is made, expected to be within three months.
Mr Wilson has been a non-executive director of the Trust since May 2011 and is chairman of its Quality and Patient Safety Committee.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
He has extensive international business experience gained from working in a number of UK and US public companies covering a broad range of engineering and manufacturing activities. A former chief executive of Ransomes plc, he is also a trustee of the Harwich Mayflower Project and chairman of the Friends of Dedham Church.