Essex: Information appeal after group of people threatened with a gun in property
- Credit: Archant
POLICE in Essex are appealing for information after armed robbers threatened a group of people with a gun before making off with a mobile phone.
The drama unfolded in St Ann’s Road, Southend, on January 9 at about 6pm when two people were looking at a motorbike outside a property.
Two men, one holding a gun, then approached the pair and one was told to ring the doorbell of the property.
Once it was opened, one of the suspects entered the home and allegedly threatened those inside with a handgun – it was reported that the suspect said: “Where is the money?”
After stealing a mobile phone, one of the suspects ran off towards Milton Road and the other towards Sutton Road.
You may also want to watch:
There were seven people inside the home at the time and some of them pursued the suspects briefly.
Both suspects are described as white, about 6ft tall and medium build.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
The man with the gun was aged between 19-30, with fair eyebrows and blue eyes. He was wearing a black jacket with the hood up and a scarf was covering the bottom half of his face.
The other man was aged in his early 20s, and was similarly dressed.
DC Paul Brown said: “I would like to speak to any witnesses or anyone who saw these men acting suspiciously in the area, or running away at the time of the offence.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Brown and Southend CID on 101.