Essex: Jail for woman who killed biker, 21, in crash
A WOMAN has been jailed for causing a road accident in which a 21-year-old motorcyclist was killed.
Azuka Eneli, 41 from Marston Avenue, Dagenham, was sentenced to nine months in prison at Chelmsford Crown Court today for her part in the crash which killed Steven Pitcher, from Colchester.
Eneli had already pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and was also sentenced to two months in prison for causing death while uninsured, to run concurrently, and was disqualified from driving for two years.
The accident happened on April 18 last year along Bures Road in West Bergholt, near Colchester.
Speaking after the hearing, senior investigating officer, Inspector Steve Brewer said: “Steven was riding his motorcycle along the B1508 Bures Road when the car being driven by Azuka Eneli attempted to make a turn across his path.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigations into this crash showed that the motorcyclist was clearly visible and therefore the crash was completely avoidable.
“Sadly too many motorcyclists die in crashes similar to this one. Eneli will have to live with the consequences of her actions but Steven’s family have been left with a huge void in their lives.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 4 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 10 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
In a statement, Mr Pitcher’s family said: “This was not Steven’s fault. He has lost his life as a result. He will not recover, he is gone forever. Nothing will bring Steven back, no matter what the outcome today.
“There is no justice for what happened to Steven on April 18 2010. Steven received the death sentence through no fault of his own. Steven’s friends and family are serving a life sentence without him.”