Man caught 16 TIMES drug driving limit is banned from road
- Credit: ARCHANT
A man caught 16 times the drug driving limit for a derivative of cocaine has been banned from the road for a year.
Ryan Miller, 27, of The Causeway, Great Horkesley, Colchester, Essex, was driving his Mercedes C63 on Sicklesmere Road, Bury St Edmunds, on March 14, when he was stopped by police around 5.45pm, magistrates in Ipswich heard.
A sample of saliva was taken and Miller was then taken to Bury St Edmunds Investigation Centre where a blood test was conducted.
More than 800 micrograms of benzoylecgonine - a derivative of cocaine - was found in his system after analysis. The legal limit is 50 micrograms.
Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard today that Miller, who pleaded guilty, had no previous convictions and no points on his licence.
You may also want to watch:
Miller was disqualified from driving for 12 months and fined £153.
He was also ordered to pay £105 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock