Essex: Man in 20s suffers serious injuries after car comes off road and hits building in Witham
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are investigating two road traffic collisions this morning one of which has resulted in serious injuries.
Essex Police are investigating an incident in Spa Road, Witham, this morning where a purple Ford Ka appeared to come off the road and was in collision with a building.
It happened at just after half past midnight. A volunteer SARS doctor was mobilised to the scene and treated the patient, a male driver of the car, believed to be in his 20s, before he was taken to the Royal London Hospital. He was suffering from serious injuries.
The road was closed after the incident but re-opened just before 7.45am today.
They are also at the scene of a crash on the A1124 in Halstead.
You may also want to watch:
A white Ford Escort van and a silver Renault Scenic were involved in a collision on the Colchester Road at just before 7.25 this morning. The road is blocked but the vehicles are being recovered. A man in 60s is being treated by ambulance crews at the scene and the incident is on-going.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 9 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket