Man denies stamping on girlfriend’s face, court hears
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester man accused of stamping on his girlfriend’s face has claimed her injuries were caused by her falling down the stairs.
Giving evidence during his trial at Ipswich Crown Court Joshua Smith denied grabbing Charlotte Munns by the throat and pinning her against a wall during an argument on May 14 .
Smith also denied punching her while she was lying on a bed and then stamping on her face while she was on the kitchen floor.
He claimed injuries to her face were caused by her falling down the stairs while she was chasing him during a row.
Smith also denied assaulting Miss Munns a week earlier on May 7 by throwing a hot spatula at her during an argument, causing a burn on her back.
You may also want to watch:
He claimed the injury was caused accidentally.
Smith, 27, of Straight Road, Colchester, denies attempting to wound Miss Munns with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm and assaulting her causing actual bodily harm.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
The trial continues.