New millionaire in Essex as man wins big on Premium Bonds
- Credit: Archant
A man from Essex is one of two people to have won £1 million in the Premium Bond jackpot this month.
Little more is known about the winner other than that the winning bond was purchased over 20 years ago in August 1999 and was part of a £4,000 holding.
The winning bond number was 086KL514893.
The man was the second Premium Bond winner millionaire in Essex in as many months, the third this year and the 11th in total.
Over 44,000 prizes remain unclaimed in Essex with a total value of more than £1.6 million.
You may also want to watch:
The highest unclaimed prize is for £25,000 and was won in May 2014, the bond number was 135MM985708.
The oldest unclaimed prize dates back over 50 years to February 1964 and is worth £25, the bond number was 3AT735772.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Jill Waters, NS&I Chief Executive, said: "It's fantastic to see the randomness of Premium Bonds being shown with October's winners, one new Premium Bonds millionaire holding the maximum investment and only buying the winning Bond exactly two years ago, while the other purchasing the chosen Bond over 20 years ago and holding only £4,000 in total."