Essex: Man pleaded guilty to manslaughter
A MAN has today pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of a man who died after being punched in an unprovoked attack.
Jamie Waters, from Canvey, Essex, today pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of a man in Dukes Street, Chelmsford on August 19, 2012.
Urim Rama, a 27-year-old Albanian national, was assaulted in Duke Street around 3am on Sunday, August 19, the V Festival weekend.
He was punched in an unprovoked attack, fell unconscious and was taken to Broomfield Hospital. He died the following day.
Jamie Waters aged 29, from Andyk Road, Canvey Island was arrested and charged with murder.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “At a plea and case management hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court he pleaded guilty to manslaughter and this was accepted by the judge.
“He was remanded in custody to appear at the same court in mid November for sentencing.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 6 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 7 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
The date for the sentencing is to be confirmed.