Morris dancers raise money for Prostate Cancer UK
- Credit: Archant
A popular group of morris dancers have raised more than £400 for charity through sales of their badges.
Belchamp Morris Men, who take their name from the village of Belchamp St Paul, in north Essex, donated £411 to Prostate Cancer UK.
Members Peter Ballisat and Leigh Wiseman presented Jeff Willmot, from Prostate Cancer UK, with a cheque on December 8 at Market Hill in Sudbury.
The group was formed more than 40 years ago and will continue to raise funds through their traditional folk dance and music, supporting the Autism Charity next year.
The Belchamp group performed to huge crowds at the Lavenham Christmas Fair at the weekend, which was described by organisers as “the best yet”.
You may also want to watch:
The group is always looking for new recruits and welcome like-minded people who are willing to have a laugh and entertain people.
For more information, visit www.belchampmorrismen.co.uk
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'