Essex: Mother speaks of relief after Bin Laden’s killing
A MOTHER whose only son was killed in the 9/11 attacks has spoken of her relief after the death of Osama bin Laden.
Patricia Bingley, from Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, lost her beloved son Kevin Dennis, 43, in the New York tragedy in 2001.
The 77-year-old, of Dunthorpe Road, said the killing of the Al Qaida leader in Pakistan had given her closure and justice.
She said: “It was something I was waiting for for 10 years and I didn’t think I’d live to see it.
“At least I have got closure for my son’s death and justice.
You may also want to watch:
“I only hope he had a horrible a death as my son must have had.
“It’s a great relief and I’m glad he was killed and not put in prison, that would have been worse for the world.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“It’s been horrible [the last decade] and it will be until I die, life is not the same for me anymore.”