Essex MPs handed ministerial roles by Theresa May
- Credit: Su Anderson
Essex MPs Will Quince and James Cleverly have been given ministerial roles by Theresa May following recent government resignations.
Mr Quince, MP for Colchester, has been appointed Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions after Justin Tomlinson’s promotion.
He tweeted today: “Really pleased to have been asked to join Her Majesty’s Government as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Family Support, Housing and Child Maintenance.
“First day in the office today, huge amount to learn but an area I am passionate about making a difference in.”
While Mr Cleverly, MP for Braintree, becomes becomes parliamentary under-secretary of state at the Department for Exiting the European Union after replacing Chris Heaton-Harris, who resigned on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cleverly tweeted: said: “Really looking forward to working with the DExEU team.
“This will be a challenging job but I’m determined to get Brexit delivered and make sure both Whitehall and the country see it as an opportunity to be grasped rather than a problem to be mitigated.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases