Nurse struck off over sex attack allegation at Essex hospital
- Credit: Archant
An Essex nurse has been struck off by a health regulator following an allegation of sexual assault.
Sreeprasanth Thondiparampil Sabapathy was accused of attacking a female member of staff during a shift at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford in March 2017.
The woman reported the attack to the police, and accused Mr Sabapathy of touching her breasts, over her clothing.
She also claimed he placed his hands on her buttocks and had attempted to place her hand on his crotch area, again over clothing.
Mr Sabapathy categorically denied the allegations and voluntarily attended a police interview.
You may also want to watch:
A criminal investigation into the matter was not pursued.
At a recent Nursing and Midwifery Council hearing, a panel found Mr Sabapathy’s fitness to practice was impaired by way of misconduct.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
He was struck off the register and given an 18-month suspension order.